Volatility Breakout Trader MT4
This system is based on neural networks. It analyzes ranging markets waiting for the next major breakout. The system trades by placing strict pending orders on the most recent support or resistance levels likely to be broken by active volatility. This volatility breakout systems are based on the premise that if the market moves a certain percentage from a previous price level, the odds favor some continuation of the move. This continuation might last from a few seconds or for a few hours, or go just a little bit beyond the original entry price, but this is still enough of a profit to play for. The EA uses trail stop to follow profit and breakeven at 1 pip to keep a profitable trade from turning to a loss. It has been trained on EURUSD data from 2007 till date.
This EA sets SL at 30 pips and TP at 300 pips, to reduce drawdown and maintain Equity growth
It is advisable to use on VPS. Ping to the broker's server may be around 100 ms, which is enough, because trades are opened using pending orders.
Check https://www.mql5.com/en/signals/author/theallegrarr for signals
EA works on most pairs, run test before using on any pair and also find the best risk for your equity.
Turn off stealth mode during backtest to speed up back test.
Advantages of this System
- The EA does not use such systems as Martingale, hedging, or Scalping. Always uses SL and TP.
- Good testing results on data from 2007.
- Good testing results.
- No need to close the robot during news releases, it trades volatile periods well.
- Works on as low as $100 balance.
- DD is controlled so well that even with up to 30% MM, you will not get a very large DD.
- In periods of very low volatility, SL will be hit often.
- It takes a small amount of patience to work with this system.
- Spread alone must not exceed 1.2 pips (before commission).
- Requires good execution, broker should not have too much slippage. (ECN is preferable).
- StealthMode: Hides SL, TP and Trailing from broker.
- StartHour: Time for EA to start.
- EndHour: Time for EA to stop.
- Lotsize: When using fixed lot, set size here.
- UseMM: Set true to activate money management.
- LotsPercent: Percentage of balance to be used by MM to place orders (it is safe to stay at 50% or lower).
- MaxLot: Maximum lot size allowed.
- MinLot: Minimum lot size allowed.
- Stoploss: Stop loss.
- TakeProfit: Take profit.
- Breakeven: Amount of profit in pips to take when a profit trade is turning to loss.
- TrailStop: Value to trail a profit trade.
- TrailStep: Steps for movement of the trail.
- ExpireHour: Time for a pending order to expire when it is not hit.
- Magic_Number: EA magic number.
- Maxbuystop: Max number of Buy Stops at each resistance level.
- MaxSellStop: Max number of Sell Stops at each support level.